– Do you have traceability of the material used on the core components? is the traceability reliable? has it actually been checked?
– Do you have certainty that the inner pipe is located in the center of the outer pipe? has centricity been checked after some hours in service? (temperature will displace the pipe)
– Do you have certainty that the fix and flex support are located correctly? are the inner pipe support brackets overloaded, in which case there is a danger of steel to steel contact
– Are the engine connection details made correct? The supports of the inner and outer pipe must be placed correctly due to the vibration and displacement between engine and hull to ensure nozzle loadings on the engine connections are within specification
– Do you have a 100% clean pipe when you start up or are there particles from the bending, cutting and welding process present in the pipe? How many particles are there?
– Is the inner pipe layout dimensioned to the engine rating and the lowest expected heat value of the fuel?
– Has the internal surface of the outer pipe been checked for roughness? Is hot worked pipe used? A rough surface will reduce the lifetime of the inner pipe support
AF Pipe Solutions has many years of experience with design and installation of doubel wall piping, with expereince of failure modes and occurences. Therefore AF Pipe Solutions design & production process focuses on details that will prevent failure, and ensure the piping lasts the lifetime of the vessel.
Please look at AF Pipe Solution’s services to gain further insight into our unique approach.